Sunday, April 6, 2014

Stroll Air My Duo Review



Now lets start by saying I was skeptical about this one. To me it looked huge, bulky and difficult to use.

Now 'll be honest it is huge especially  with me and I'm less than 5ft and petite. However it's slim enough (29 inches) to get through a standard door miraculously .  But I nonetheless enjoyed pushing it and it was fine.
 The handle does go down 27 inches (and up to 44 inches) short enough for me even shorter for kids to push or something. At first when I adjusted the handle I was pushing it up a hill and I realized that it was a lot easier to push it up the hill with the handle bar all the way down. 
Pushing it up a hill was not easy but making the handle lower did help a lot. It's a heavy stroller (29 pounds) to begin with and yes I'm petite but I've got some muscle so it is heavy, load it with 1 year old twins weighing 18 lbs each and it is something to push. 
I do want to highlight that the maneuverability was incredible and quite astonishing. It pushed really well and it totally helped when I was pushing and turning. The air foam  tires are hella awesome. For 700$ you're getting great maneuverability .
The canopies are individual, nice big canopies not City Mini big but generous, they've got little pop outs too. They also have zippers so you can unzip a bit and let air come in. It's not one of those canopies that you unzip and there is mesh, this one just unzips and that's it. Although I'd like to see some mesh, given its a stuffy stroller with all the black it'd be nice to have air circulation a little bit.
One thing I don't like is the seat design. Although they both are independent reversible seats, the seats recline great but when the babies were sitting the seat was just not upright enough. I really didn't like that. And it's not like it's easy to adjust the seat. It's a hard recline strap that I was not a big fan of. 
 The seats have bumper bars with removable boot covers. 
The bumper bars are foam which I was not too happy about also. The babies were just chewing on them and when they get teeth all that foam will be in their mouths.
It's got a 5 point harness with a hard to do buckle for cheeky toddlers. The harness also has a cover that is sewn into the seat so it won't fall out.
The foot rests are adjustable like almost any other stroller.
You can also attach two infant carseats together unlike a lot of double strollers on the market. 
A big plus with any stroller is a big basket so that was something I was happy to see. The Stroll Air has a huge basket and it's totally easy access from almost any angle. It has pockets inside that you could use. I don't know why you'd want to put your cell phone all the way down there put if you wanted you could. 
Front wheels are lockable.
The brake is flip flop friendly thank god. It's a really strong brake I must add.
Unfortunately I was not able to test out the fold but I'll you a few things, you're going to have to take the seats off in order to fold the chassis and it's not one handed.
The handle bar goes from 27in to 44in, really great for tall parents not so much for short parents.
That's that. It's iffy for me wether I'm a fan or not.
It's a great stroller if it needs to fit in a standard door, if you're having twins and if you're tall. Other wise skip it and try Baby Jogger, Orbit Baby, Bugaboo, Bumbleride or Maclaren.

Talia