Thursday, February 20, 2014

Is Britax Bullsh*ting Us Sometimes??

Sooo I recently visited Britax in Israel, Not really so impressive, it was a huge warehouse but then again it was not an "official Britax office".
I've developed lots of questions and interests in Britax including the new "Safe Cell Technology" and the whole Safety you can see, I mean I always thought Britax was the safest car seat company around and this brings me to my general car seat inquiry; the basic need of a car seat is to be buckled up, so why are there so many features and other add-on safety features? What does it matter if a parent purchases a Britax carseat or a Graco carseat?
"Safe cell Technology"
Now my questions for Britax, specifically , is the "Safe cell Technology" strong enough to bounce back in the event of a crash WITH a 20 pound child in the seat? (not to mention I called Britax up after they tweeted me about my question that I tweeted) and I spoke a lovely representative that explained to me very well that indeed the carseat will take effect in the event of a crash and that the crash force is very strong.
Now is the carseat basically held down by two plastic clips to the seatbelt??? Is that possible? Because the blue and red clamps that are inside the seat are made out of PLASTIC.  If the car was shot forward and the carseat is forward facing the seatbelt would shoot forward as well and the plastic will break/bend because its PLASTIC, no?
These questions are just my common sense I guess but I'm just trying to understand.

So basically maybe Britax is bullsh*ting us sometimes with their marketing tricks and "safe cell" stuff but its still my favorite and I highly recommend Britax if you want to spend the money but if you're lookingfor a cheap carseat, look for SIP {side impact protection) which is head protection, an easy buckle and an easy installation.
Another reason I prefer Britax over others is because those carseats look so comfortable, I mean WOW, I'd love to crawl up in one and sleep.

Have a great day!

Talia