Monday, June 24, 2013

My Top 4 Favorite Strollers 2013

Because my hobby is strollers, obviously I couldn't choose just one stroller to be my favorite, so I narrowed down the list to 4. It was super super hard, given I tried to pick my absolute top ones. My top 4 are: Orbit Baby G2, Bugaboo Bee, Uppa Baby Vista, Baby Jogger City Mini GT. Lets start with the Uppa Baby Vista: Uppa Baby is an incredible company, who I believe was created out of pure desire to help parents living in the city. I do need to say that I'm not such a fan of the older models of the Vista. However the 2013 is incredible. Why I love the Vista? Its a practical stroller for everyday use, it has so many options, it makes the Bugaboo Cameleon look like a frog compared to it, it has a huge canopy and basket, easy recline, ability to fold the frame and seat together, and you can also attach an additional seat and buggy board so the stroller can handle up to 3 kids.

In Israel, where families tend to have more kids, I would think that the Vista would be a great choice given it can handle 3 kids, but for some reason Uppa Baby does not retail here (something to think about, Uppa Baby?) Moving on to the Bugaboo Bee: Bugaboo is a fantastic company, but its not so practical, they're going for fashion, modern and style. The bee is my favorite out of all the Bugaboos and ill tell you why. simply because its not mainly for style. It actually has use. like a bigger basket than the Cameleon, and easier fold. I also like it because its small, like me. I often judge strollers by how easy it would be to travel with. The Bee is a great stroller for travelling with a baby, because you can attach the carseat into the frame and on the seat as opposed to other strollers you would need to bring an additional seat. I am also a firm believer of letting your infant have its own airplane seat with the carseat (that'll be a different blog post).
Next is the City Mini GT: I actually never thought Id fall for this one. I usually go for the expensive, cool strollers, but recently I went to go check it out in person and after I felt the maneuverability I thought it was incredible. After knowing so many people that own the city mini, and pushing it around, I didnt like the maneuverability on it at all. But wow is the GT incredible! The fold is great, superb canopy, absolutely love the hand brake, and again the fact that you can dock the infant carseat right onto the stroller without having to take off anything. Again great for traveling.
Last is my all time favorite, the one that has scored a spot on my wall, is the Orbit Baby G2: The 360 rotation makes it so unique, a huge canopy, a one handed fold, really high handles and easy maneuverability. Not such a fan of the basket but I think you can buy the Helix's (double Orbit) basket and put that in instead, and it gets bonus points for the 2 buggy boards you can add.
Orbit Helix: http://www.orbitbaby.com/en/double/ Orbit Side KIcks:http://www.orbitbaby.com/en/products/sidekick-stroller-board/ City Mini GT:https://www.babyjogger.com/city_minigt_sngl_dtl.aspx Uppa Baby: http://uppababy.com/ Bugaboo: http://www.bugaboo.com/